Flowerpots is a new Day Nursery situated 1.5 miles South of Leeds City Centre on a convenient access-friendly site with excellent parking and a frequent regular bus service in and out of the city.
The nursery is on one level with playrooms opening onto the expansive outdoor play space. The bright airy rooms are well equipped and furnished to a high standard whilst the fenced outside area has both grassed and paved sections for children to enjoy and play in as well as a mud kitchen and summerhouse reading area.
The staff team are all qualified, experienced and dedicated workers and our principle aim is to offer a stimulating, fun environment for your child to learn in and develop the skills needed to become more independent in safe and secure surroundings.
The building and its grounds are safe and secure and have controlled, secure access, with CCTV in operation.
Flowerpots Mission is to Provide High Quality Childcare and Learning Through Child Led Experiences in an Environment Where Every Child is Valued and Safe
Our aims and objectives set out how we will meet our mission statement.
- Provide equality of opportunity for all.
- Continually monitoring and review our play and learning activities to ensure that every child's individual needs are met.
- To provide quality care in a safe friendly environment where all children are valued
- To offer an early learning programme via a warm, caring atmosphere where children can confidently develop their full potential.
- To protect and encourage children by supporting them to make choices and decisions
- To help children develop their confidence and self esteem by providing opportunities for creative and imaginative play.
We aim to meet these aims by
- Implementing the EYFS Framework and planning individual learning plans that are responsive to a child's interests, needs, experiences and opportunities.
- Employing staff who are qualified, experienced and genuinely care for and want to work with pre-school children.
- Ensuring all staff members have been Disclosure and Barring Service checked and are registered with the DBS Update Service.
- Delivering effective staff, student and volunteer management through the provision of good supervision, training and support.
- To promote equality and diversity by respecting, valuing and welcoming all children, their families and staff members and for this approach to underpin all actions at Flowerpots